Table of Contents
- 1 Sri Lanka 4 day tour
- 2 How do choose the best Sri Lanka 4 days trip and best places to visit in Sri Lank in 4 days?
- 3 Which Sri Lanka 4 day tour suits me?
- 4 When is the best time for 4 days tour in Sri Lanka?
- 5 What are the 5 best itineraries for a Sri Lanka 4 days tour?
- 6 When is the best time for a Sri Lanka 4 days trip?
- 7 What is the best transport mode for my Sri Lanka 4 days tour?
- 8 What are the 5 popular Sri Lanka 4 day tours?
- 9 1: 4 days tour to the cultural triangle Sri Lanka
- 10 10 places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days with cultural triangle tour
- 11 2: Sri Lanka tour 4 days with Kandy and upcountry
- 12 Few other useful links
- 13 14 places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days with cultural triangle upcountry trip
- 14 3: Sri Lanka 4 day tour with wildlife
- 15 What are the 10 best places to visit on a 4 day trip to Sri Lanka with wildlife?
- 16 4:Sri Lanka 4 day tour with southern Sri Lanka
- 17 8 places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days with Southern Sri Lanka?
- 18 5: Sri Lanka 4 days beach tour
- 19 7 places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days on 4 days beach tour?
- 20 How can I book a Sri Lanka 4 day tour?
- 21 What are the 14 best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days?
- 22 6 alternative places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days
- 23 What can we do on a Sri Lanka 4 days trip?
- 24 Sri Lanka 4 days Tour
- 25 Where to book Sri Lanka 4 days Tour?
- 26 What are the best 4 days of the Sri Lanka trip for me?
- 27 Sri Lanka 4 day tour on the southern route
- 28 4 Days Sri Lanka tour in a nutshell
- 29 Day 1 of Sri Lanka 4 days tour
- 30 Day 2 of 4 days Sri Lanka trip
- 31 Day 3 of Sri Lanka 4 days trip
- 32 Day 4 of Sri Lanka trip
- 33 End of the 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package
- 34 Why you should choose Seerendipity Tours for your 4 Days Sri Lanka tour
- 35 Our articles under the title “places to visit in Sri Lanka“
Sri Lanka 4 day tour
“How to spend 4 days in Sri Lanka?“, “What are the best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days?“, “What is the best Sri Lanka 4-day tour itinerary?”, “What is the best time for a 4 day trip to Sri Lanka”. These are a few questions that we hear very often from tourists, who wish to visit Sri Lanka on a 4-day trip.
How do choose the best Sri Lanka 4 days trip and best places to visit in Sri Lank in 4 days?
Choosing the best Sri Lanka trip for 4 days definitely going to be a tough business. If you and other partner have different taste and interests it is going to be even more difficult because Sri Lanka offers a wide range of activities for travellers from beach holidays to wildlife tours to mind-blowing Ayurveda packages.
How to choose the best Sri Lanka 4 days trip? Well, there are many suggestions to these questions. Because the variations of Sri Lanka 4-day tours are endless. For instance, you can explore the cultural sites and crumbling historical monuments in the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka in a Sri Lanka 4 days tour or you can have 4 days Sri Lanka beach holiday and relax. Perhaps explore the primaeval rainforest in the interior of the island and engage in some adventure activities during the 4 days trip. Therefore, How to spend 4 days in Sri Lanka is invariably another question “what you like to do in Sri Lanka in 4 days”.
Which Sri Lanka 4 day tour suits me?
Sri Lanka 4 days tour comes in many flavours. The 4 days Sri Lanka can be broadly categorized as 4 days Sri Lanka beach tour, Sri Lanka adventure tour 4 days, Sri Lanka wildlife 4 days trip, Sri Lanka 4 day nature tour, Sri Lanka cultural triangle 4 days tour. However, any of teh above-mentioned tour can only scratch the surface of Sri Lanka, as you can dedicate only a limited amount of time for sightseeing. Therefore, planing your 4 days trip is very crucial in order to get the maximum of your trip.
The first thing you should consider when choosing Sri Lanka 4 day tour is choosing what sightseeing you like to have in Sri Lanka. Eg if you a nature lover choose a nature trip and if you love leisure go for the beach holiday package.
Whatever you plan to do within 4 days in Sri Lanka, Seerendipity tours have a set of perfect Sri Lanka 3 nights 4 days tour packages to serve you. All pre-planned 4-day trips in Sri Lanka are highly customizable to meet your specific requirements. Browse our Sri Lanka 4 days trips (Sri Lanka 3 nights 4 days tour packages) and see if there is a perfect match for your requirement, otherwise, our expert tour planners help you to arrange your Sri Lanka 4 days trip.
When is the best time for 4 days tour in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka is a tropical holiday destination and the climate of Sri Lanka is heavily influenced by the monsoon. Monsoon brings torrential rain over the island, therefore, it is important to consider the monsoon rain pattern before arriving on the island. According to the weather pattern, there are 2 monsoons on the island, the north-east monsoon and the south-west monsoon. During the north-east monsoon from October to April northern, the northern and eastern part of the island comes under heavy rain. During the south-west monsoon from April to October, most parts of southern, western Sri Lanka, as well as hill country, get heavy rain.In general October to April considered being the peak holiday season on the island, during this period most parts of teh country remain dry and suitable for outdoor activities. During this period most parts of the sea around the island remains calm, which means suitable for beach holidays.
What are the 5 best itineraries for a Sri Lanka 4 days tour?
- Sri Lanka 4 days tour to Cultural Triangle
- Sri Lanka 4 days tour with Kandy and upcountry
- Sri Lanka 4 days tour with wildlife
- Sri Lanka 4 days tour itinerary with southern Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka 4 days beach tour
When is the best time for a Sri Lanka 4 days trip?
The best time for a Sri Lanka 4 days trip is from November to April, Choosing the best time for your Sri Lanka trip is very important because the weather is a critical factor that decides the success of your trip. Every traveller loves to have dry and sunny weather whenever they are on a holiday and no one likes to dampen their holiday spirit.
The peak holiday season of Sri Lanka starts in November and lasts until April next year, which is the best time for the Sri Lanka toru package. During this period a large part of Sri Lanka have nice and sunny weather and beaches on the south and west coast provide the best settings for a memorable beach stay while places like national parks, rainforest, cultural places stay dry.
What is the best transport mode for my Sri Lanka 4 days tour?
Finding a convenient travel mode at an affordable rate is not a daunting task in Sri Lanka. There are many options to choose from such as public transport, air transport, rail transport, taxis etc. However, travelling by private taxi is the most sought after travel mode on the island, especially among travellers.
Having an efficient travel mode and move swiftly between cities is very important on this trip as you have only 4 days to cover the entire circuit. On this 4 days tour, we recommend using a taxi with a local guide. Taxis are not expensive and it saves time for the travellers. It is very safe to travel with a good driver and it gives you maximum privacy while you are on move.
Public transport is also available on the island and trains are exclusively managed by the government while about 50% of passenger buses are managed by the government. Public transport can be a cheap transport mode but not suitable for a bit of tight tour itinerary like 4 days Sri Lanka trip. Public transport tends to drain your time because they take a lot of time travelling between cities and always behind the schedule.
What are the 5 popular Sri Lanka 4 day tours?
- Sri Lanka cultural triangle tour 4 days trip
- Sri Lanka 4 days upcountry tour
- 4 days Sri Lanka wildlife tour
- Southern Sri Lanka tour 4 days
- Sri Lanka 4 days beach tour
Sri Lanka 4 day tour is available in many flavours. It can offer beach holidays, adventure activities, cultural sites, wildlife reserves and many other places. However, since you have only 4 days, the number of places you can visit is limited and it is necessary to plan the trip properly to use the maximum time you allocate for the trip.
Below are a few popular Sri Lanka 4 day tour packages. All these tour packages start in Colombo, however, the starting point of the trip and time is highly flexible.
1: 4 days tour to the cultural triangle Sri Lanka
As the name suggests the main intention of the trip is to explore the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka. This Sri Lanka 4 day tours package covers many important places in the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka such as Sigiriya, Dambulla cave temple, Polonnaruwa and Kandy.
10 places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days with cultural triangle tour
- Anuradhapura historical city
- Polonnaruwa historical city
- Polonnaruwa archaeological museum
- Sigiriya rock fortress
- Dambulla cave temple
- Minneriya national park
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Sigiriya village tour
- Peradeniya botanical garden
2: Sri Lanka tour 4 days with Kandy and upcountry
This tour package allows you to explore important tourist attractions in the mountains. Places such as the Botanical garden, Pinnawala elephant orphanage, tooth relic temple, Sri Lanka mountains, tea plantations, waterfalls are included in this Sri Lanka 4 days trip.
14 places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days with cultural triangle upcountry trip
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Tooth relic temple
- Spice garden
- Kandy tea factory
- Udawattekele sanctuary
- Kandyan cultural show
- Royal botanical garden
- Gregory Lake
- Victori park
- Horton plains national park
- Ramboda waterfall
- Devon fall
- Nuwara Eliya city
3: Sri Lanka 4 day tour with wildlife
This Sri Lanka 4 days tour package includes many places to spot wild animals on Sri Lanka’s south coast and west coast. This Sri Lanka 4 days tour is crafted for wildlife enthusiasts and includes a full-day safari at Yala national park and 3 hours safari at Udawalawe national park. The trip also includes whale watching in Mirissa, Galle Fort, Madu river estuary and few other places on the south and west coast of Sri Lanka.
Places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days for whale watching: Mirissa
Southern Sri Lanka is a fantastic spot for whale watching- Sri Lanka’s water is home to more than 5 species of cetacean. In Mirissa you’ll come across blue whale, sperms whales and some times minks. The sea off Mirissa is home to a large number of resident whales as well as migratory whales from the Arabian sea. In the months of March, April and May, the blue whale population increases in the Southern Sri Lanka sea due to the influx of a large number of blue whales and which is also the best time for whale watching trips in Sri Lanka.
What are the 10 best places to visit on a 4 day trip to Sri Lanka with wildlife?
- Madu River estuary
- Bentota beach
- Hikkaduwa beach
- Udawalawe national park
- Elephant transit camp
- Yala national park
- Mirissa whale watching
- Galle Fort of Galle city
- Mask museum Ambalangoda
- Moonstone mines
4:Sri Lanka 4 day tour with southern Sri Lanka
The main tourist attraction included in this tour package is Galle, tourist places on the west coast and south coast of Sri Lanka. The tour package includes activities such as visiting museums, boat trips, visiting temples, safari, whale watching, and beach hopping.
8 places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days with Southern Sri Lanka?
- Madu River estuary
- Bentota beach
- Hikkaduwa beach
- Yala national park
- Mirissa whale watching
- Galle Fort
- Mask museum Ambalangoda
- Moonstone mines
5: Sri Lanka 4 days beach tour
As the name suggests this 4 days tour primarily a beach holiday package. The tourist needs to choose a beach resort either on the west coast or east coast depending on the time they plan the 4 days trip. If you plan a 4 days Sri Lanka beach tour from April to November it is best to choose a hotel on the east coast, otherwise, you should be anchoring in the west coast or south coast in order to avoid monsoon (wet weather).
7 places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days on 4 days beach tour?
- Madu River estuary
- Galle Fort
- Mask museum
- Bentota beach
- Bentota water sports
- sea turtle conservation project
- Kande Vihara
How can I book a Sri Lanka 4 day tour?
- A Sri Lanka 4 day tour can be booked through the hotel travel counters
- Sri Lanka 4 day tour can be booked with local tour operators such as seerendipity tours
- Sri Lanka 4 day tour can be booked with online booking portals
- Sri Lanka 4 day tour can be done solo
What are the 14 best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days?
- Mask museum Ambalangoda– is located on the west coast of Sri Lanka and includes most Sri Lanka trips that go through west coast beaches. If you book Sri Lanka 4 days tour to southern Sri Lanka, a mask museum is an important tourist attraction.
- Madu River estuary Balapitiya-Madu River estuary is a tourist hotspot on the west coast and included in most tours to southern Sri Lanka.
- Galle Fort-By far the most important historical monument in southern Sri Lanka. A visit to Sri Lanka south coast does not compete if you fail to visit Galle fort on your tour to southern Sri Lanka.
- Hikkaduwa beach- one of the best beaches on the west coast and attracts a large number of foreign beach lovers.
- Mirissa whale watching-Sri Lanka has become a whale-watching hotspot in the world and offer year-round whale watching trips off the southern coast of Sri Lanka.
- Yala wildlife safari-Yala is one of the best places in the world to spot leopards along with wild elephant, bear, monkey, jackal, deer, crocodile and many other creatures.
- Seetha Temple Nuwara Eliya-this Hindu temple is a tourist hotspot and attr4acts many thousands of Hindu devotees from India.
- Nuwara Eliya – the city with a healing climate is a laid back small town. The main tourist attraction of Nuwara Eliya is the healing climate beautiful surrounding with lakes, waterfalls rivers, mountains and gardens.
- Ramboda waterfalls-one of the most scenic waterfalls on the island located between Kandy and Nuwara Eliya.
- Tea factory Ramboda-Sri Lana is one of the leading Tea producers in the world. A visit to the Tea factory allows you to witness the tea manufacturing process on the island.
- Kandy city-regarded as the cultural hub of Sri Lanka is one of the most beautiful cities on the island. There are many interesting places to visit in Kandy such as the royal botanical garden, tea factory, waterfalls, pinnawala elephant orphanage, spice garden, Kandyan cultural show, Udawattekele sanctuary.
- Tooth relic temple- located in the heart of Kandy, this UNESCO world heritage site is the most visited Buddhist temple on the island. Tooth relic temple harbours the “left eye tooth of Budda” and therefore it is considered as the most sacred Buddhist temple on the island. The temple is included in most Buddhist tours.
- Spice garden -a large number of foreign travellers visits spice garden during the 4 days Sri Lanka tour. Depending on the tour itinerary you may visit a spice garden in Mawanella (near Kandy), Matale (near Dambulla) or the west coast of Sri Lanka.
- Peradeniya botanical garden-this is the most scenic and most popular botanical garden of Sri Lanka. Peradeniya botanical garden is part of most Sri Lanka 4 days tour itinerary.
6 alternative places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days
- Udawalawe National park
- Matale Aluvihara
- Knuckles mountain range
- Sinharaja rainforest
What can we do on a Sri Lanka 4 days trip?
Are you searching for a medium-sized Sri Lanka tour plan like Sri Lanka 3 Nights 4 Days Tour Packages for your short vacation? We have the perfect Sri Lanka 3 Nights 4 Days Tour Packages for you. Seerendipity tours offer a range of custom-made tour packages that are planned to fit your four-day Sri Lanka tour. Starting from iconic attractions such as the Sigiriya rock fortress on Sri Lanka cultural triangle route to wildlife reserves like Yala national park and Udawalawe national park, we have carefully chosen a set of classic tour itineraries and condensed them to fit your short vacation.
These itineraries will make sure that you not miss any of the important tourist hotspots in the region and also have plenty of Leisure time for sightseeing, relaxing and shopping. Starting from iconic UNESCO world heritage sites and historical monuments to ride paddies in the dry zone of Sri Lanka, an enjoyable exotic vacation is just a click away from you.
Sri Lanka 4 days Tour
We have dozens of Sri Lanka tour packages featuring places like Sri Lanka cultural triangle, southern Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka tea country or picturesque Sri Lanka hills, east coast Sri Lanka west coast beaches and many more.
Where to book Sri Lanka 4 days Tour?
Perhaps you are fancied of the exploring cultural aspects of Sri Lanka with a bit of sightseeing, or just like to have a leisurely beach stay, perhaps explore the primaeval rainforest in the interior of the island, whatever your requirement we have a set of perfect Sri Lanka 3 nights 4 days tour packages to serve you.
If you still can’t find the perfect match for your requirement, all these tour packages are can be customized, because all of these tour packages are private tours. So don’t waste your time please contact us on 0094-77440977 for more information.
What are the best 4 days of the Sri Lanka trip for me?
If you are wondering what the best trip for you? I must say that every trip includes dozens of very interesting places, and every trip is equally interesting. However, depending on the circuit that you choose it can be differentiated as a wildlife tour, adventure trip, beach tour etc.
In this article, we discuss a 4 days Sri Lanka trip that takes place on the southern route, which allows you to explore beaches, wildlife reserves, Sri Lanka’s hills country and well the popular city of Kandy.
Sri Lanka 4 day tour package can be designed to cover some of the interesting places on the island. Due to the limited time available, most Sri Lanka 4 day tour packages are designed to cover either Southern Sri Lanka with a bit of Sri Lanka mountains or a cultural triangle with a Colombo city tour.
Sri Lanka 4 day tour on the southern route
This Sri Lanka 4 days trip on the southern route is a perfect match if you are wondering how to spend 4 days in Sri Lanka. Below mentioned Sri Lanka 4 day tour is a Sri Lanka tour package offered by Seerendipity tours and it includes many sites and activities such as whale watching, Madu river boat safari, Galle fortress, Yala safari etc.
This Sri Lanka 4 day tour can be booked throughout the year and this Sri Lanka 4 day tour can be customized based on the individual requirements. This Sri Lanka 4 day tour package is sealed with scenic beaches along with western and southern Sri Lanka, breathtaking scenery and gorgeous landscapes across many parts of the island. 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package is also included the friendliness, warmth and smiles of local people.
4 Days Sri Lanka tour in a nutshell
- Day 1: Leave for Mirissa of southern Sri Lanka, visit tourist places en route on the west coast and southern coast such as Madu River, Galle fort, Hikkaduwa beach, Mask Museum, Sea turtle conservation centre, Unawatuna beach.
- Day 2: Early morning set off on a whale-watching trip off southern Sri Lanka and later proceed to hotel in Yala. Later in the day safari at Yala national park.
- Day 3: After breakfast leave for Nuwara Eliya and Kandy, en-route visit the gardens, waterfalls, Seeta temple.
- Day 4: After breakfast leave for a Kandy city tour and visit major tourist places in Kandy such as Tooth relic temple, royal botanical garden, downtown Kandy etc. Later proceed to Colombo.
Day 1 of Sri Lanka 4 days tour
On the first day of the Sri Lanka 4 day tour, you will meets and greet the tour representative and leave for Mirissa via Galle and Bentota. Usually, the pick-up location should be in Colombo it can be a hotel in Colombo or the Bandaranaike international airport. The vehicle will be reporting to the pickup location at 08.00 am. If you not based in Colombo but still like to join Sri Lanka 4 day tour, you can request the pick from other cities such as Negombo, Kandy we can still arrange your pick-but there will be a surcharge base on the number of additional kilometres.
On the way to beaches of Mirissa, there are many interesting places to visit such as Madu rives, Sea turtle farm, Bentota beach, Hikkaduwa beach etc. But due to the time constraints, the tour itinerary does not include some of them.
Visiting Mask Museum on Sri Lanka 4 day tour
Ariyapala mask museum of Ambalangoda is one of the best places to see the traditional mask and learn the low-country and up-country dance forms. Ariyapala mask museum is the only museum in Sri Lanka, which is dedicated to the mas industry. It has a large collection of very valuable and ancient masks. The masks had been used in rituals and folk dancing even today in some remote areas those rituals are been practised. At the museum, you will get a free guided tour allowing you to learn the history, usage of various kind of masks.
Exploring Madu River estuary on Sri Lanka 4 day tour
A cruise on a modern motorboat is the best way of exploring the natural wealth of Madu River, the islands in the wetland are largely inaccessible by road. The inhabitants are also using the boats and more often paddle boats as the means of transport. Seerendipity tours offer particularly appealing boat trips around the Madu River. This Ramsar Wetland is one of the most visited natural attractions of Sri Lanka’s west coast, with riverscapes to quiet thick grown islands and mangrove forests with sites of immense natural interest. There is plenty of opportunities to spot fascinating wildlife based on the aquatic environment, throughout the tour.
Visiting Galle Fort in the 4 day trip in Sri Lanka
Galle is one of the unmissable places in Southern Sri Lanka for visitors to the island, here you can get deep into the Dutch heritage and the Dutch fort is an important highlight of Sri Lanka 4 day tour. When in Galle, a visit to the Dutch fortress is a must. This UNESCO world heritage site is an important attraction in Galle and visited by hundreds or thousands of visitors every year. The origin of the fortress goes back to the beginning of the 15th century (Portuguese period) later it was expanded by the Dutch administration in Sri Lanka. Galle Fort is the place to see a large number of houses, shops, churches, galleries, hotels and many other structures built after the typical Dutch architecture.
Exploring Hikkaduwa marine sanctuary in the 4 day trip in Sri Lanka
Hikkaduwa marine sanctuary is one of the 2 important marine national parks on the island. Same as the pigeon island marine sanctuary on the east coast, Hikkaduwa is an important underwater ecological asset of Sri Lanka. It harbours a large number of exotic fauna and flora species. The coral reefs at Hikkaduwa is located in shallow water and they are not more than 5 meters deep. Venturing on a glass-bottom boat is the best way to explore this fascinating underwater world. You will be able to witness a large array of fish species, marine plants, sea turtles here.
Visit Mirissa beach in the 4 day trip in Sri Lanka
In the evening you arrive at the beach resort in Mirissa. Mirissa is one of the least explored beautiful beach in Southern Sri Lanka. A combination of palm-fringed pristine beaches and torque water of the Indian ocean makes it a superb beach holiday destination on the island. The beach of Mirissa is a patch of golden sand, which is wide and it is around 10-15 meters. Your hotel is built on the beach and you can have a sea view during your whole stay. There is no barrier between you and the ocean and you can take a glimpse of the beautiful sunset from your doorstep.
Overnight stay in Mirissa
Day 2 of 4 days Sri Lanka trip
Today, you will be convinced why we accommodate you in a nice beach hotel in Mirissa. You might be thinking why can’t we stay in some other beach resort? like Unawatuna, Bentota. Nope! Mirissa is the best beach resort for you to stay in because of the whale watching trip. There are some other versions of the 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package and then you will be staying at some other hotel, see other places and engage in some other activities. If you feel you need to change this 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we can customise the package to suit your requirement.
Places to visit in Sri Lanka – Mirissa
Usually, the whale watching trip starts early morning (06.30 am) and you need to report to the harbour at around 06.15. Due to this reason and to curtail the transfer time from the hotel to Mirissa harbour we always accommodate you in a Mirissa hotel. The time taken to reach Mirissa harbour from your hotel is only 5 minutes and thereby we can make sure you reach the harbour well on time, in fact, you also can have longer sleep.
Whale watching in Mirissa
You depart from the beach hotel early morning for a whale watching trip off the sea of Mirissa. This adventure lasts between 1 to 4 hours, all depends on the time spent to spot these giants. Breakfast will be served on board and all safety gears are provided onboard. The whale watching may not be offered on some days due to the rough sea, especially during the south-west monsoon, from April to November.
After the whale watching trip, it is time to leave for Yala national park. Which is further down the track. You will be able to reach the hotel in Yala after about 2 hours drive. Check-in the hotel and leisure. The Yala Safari is taking places in the afternoon and you will start the journey at around 14.00 hrs from the hotel. Please be kindly informed the safari might even take on day 3 in case you get late to reach the hotel in Yala.
Places to visit in Sri Lanka- Yala national park
Yala national park spans over 979 square kilometres of remote land with a wide range of flora in the south-east corner of the island. this park is utterly beautiful with lakes, beaches, huge grass plains, rugged mountains, and valleys. the park is picturesquely located bordering the Indian ocean and it is home to many dozens of leopards.
Yala is the best national park in the world to spot leopards due to the large concentration of leopards in a small geographical area. Here you can witness many other animals such as elephant, deer, sloth bear, monkey, crocodile and a large number of bird species apart from the leopard.
Overnight stay in Yala
Day 3 of Sri Lanka 4 days trip
On the 3rd day of the 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package tour, you will suppose to drive to the mountains of Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka mountains are the most picturesque part of the island, where you can have breathtaking scenery across the verdant valleys, tea plantations and mountains. Last 2 days you were in the beach areas and had the opportunity to enjoy the pristine beaches of southern Sri Lanka.
Today you will encounter a totally different landscape than what you have seen last 2 days. As you drive to the cities located at the high elevation in the island you will feel the climate is changing (temperature is reducing) and the scenery is getting changed. You will encounter green-capped mountains, deep ravines, cascading waterfalls, rivers, gigantic lakes and never-ending tea gardens all along the way.
Places to visit in Sri Lanka – Nuwara Eliya
Kandy, Nuwara Eliya and Bandarawela, are three popular hill stations of Sri Lanka. Nuwara Eliya lies at 6000 feet above sea level is also called “Little England”. This is where the British built themselves a home away from home. The winding road that leads to the hill country through tea plantations that carpet the hills to extents beyond sight, the waterfalls that meander cascading down the hills, the misty valleys and scenery are certainly awe-inspiring.
Places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days-Seetha Amman temple
Seetha Amman Temple is a Hindu temple and visited by Hindu devotees. The temple is small in size but large from a religious perspective. The history of the Seetha Amman temple goes back many centuries. Today this temple is included in most Ramayana tours and visited by thousands of Hindu pilgrim visiting Sri Lanka from all around the globe.
Places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days-Ramboda falls
Ramboda waterfall is a beautiful waterfall in Sri Lanka, located about 45 km from your current location (Nuwara Eliya). The waterfall is conveniently located on Kandy-Nuwara Eliya main road at Ramboda pass, Pussellawa. Ramboda fall is 109 meters in height and one of the most picturesque waterfalls on the island.
Your hotel is located next to the waterfall and you can have a nice view of the surrounding area.
Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya
Day 4 of Sri Lanka trip
On the last day of this 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package tour, you will encounter the city of Kandy, which is the cultural centre and last kingdom of the Sinhalese monarchy. There are several places in Kandy worth your attention such as Tempel of the tooth relic, royal botanical gardens.
You can also include the upcountry rail journey to the same 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package. If you wish to add the rail journey there will be a small surcharge and there will be a slight change in the itinerary.
Tea factory -places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days
The tea factory is the first highlight of the day and you will stop around 30 minutes after starting your journey from the hotel. Here you can witness the entire process of tea manufacturing in Sri Lanka. You also get a freshly brewed cup of Ceylon tea manufactured at this tea factory. After visiting the tea factory it is time to buy a pack of unblended pure Ceylon tea if you are a tea drinker.
After visiting the tea factory continue alone on the Nuwara Eliya-Kandy main road, but there is a high possibility of making several stops on the way because you are passing one of the most beautiful regions in the country. The scenery you come across simply breathtaking.
A ruled in Kandy up to 1815 although the rest of the island was under the British regime. Finally, it was ceded to them by the Chieftains of Kandy who were disappointed over the king’s cruel deeds. Today Kandy is one of the most important cities owing to the presence of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth of the Buddha.
4 day trip to Sri Lanka: visiting Temple of the tooth relic
The temple of the tooth relic/the Dalada Maliga as it is popularly known to local people is the most sacred Buddhist temple in Sri Lanka. the temple is located at the centre of the city near Kandy lake. The drive from the tea factory to Kandy takes around 1 hour. After the tooth relic temple driver to Colombo, this is the last leg of your journey, en-route visit the spice garden and Royal botanical garden. The Pinnawala elephant orphanage also can be added to this 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package tour on request.
4 day trip to Sri Lanka: visiting a Spice garden
Visiting a spice garden is a highlight of this 4 days tour. You will learn about various types of spices grown on the island of Sri Lanka as well as their usage and benefits.
Botanical garden-places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days
Peradeniya Botanical Garden is the most popular botanical garden in Sri Lanka with the largest collection of flora among all botanical garden in Sri Lanka. The botanical garden is located in a very beautiful surrounding and the garden is surrounded by the Mahaweli river from 3 sides.
End of the 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package
This 3 nights 4 days Sri Lanka package Includes
- Accommodation in the above-mentioned hotels (3*)
- Meal plan H/B (Daily breakfast and dinner included at the hotel)
- Kandy city tour
- Nuwara Eliya city tour
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with an English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees for the following site
- 1 all-inclusive safari at Yala national park (jeep, tracker charges, entrance, taxes)
- 1 whale watching trip in Mirissa
- Galle Fortress
- Madu river safari
- Hikkaduwa glass-bottom boat tour
- Sita Amman temple
- Ceylon tea trail
- Trek to the Rramboda waterfall
- Gregory Lake
- Kandyan cultural show
- Royal botanical garden Peradeniya
- Temple of the tooth relic
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Spice garden
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure
- All government taxes
Why you should choose Seerendipity Tours for your 4 Days Sri Lanka tour
Seerendipity tour is a fully locally owned travel company with the head office in Colombo. The highly experienced local staff is a key strength of Seerendipity tours and they can plan your dream holiday to Sri Lanka.
Best price for your Sri Lanka trip
When you book a tour with us, you directly book the tour with the local company, it means there are no middlemen and therefore you can guarantee the best price. Simply get in touch with us and let us know when you travel and what you like to see.
Local expertise and personalize service
Our staff make a personalized program for you, which you can change until you find the best package for you. You can also browse our existing tour packages for inspiration; all our ready-made tour packages are customizable and can be tailored to meet all your expectations. Write us on email@example.com
Our articles under the title “places to visit in Sri Lanka“
- 10 Best Places To Visit In Sri Lanka For Honeymoon In 2021
- 15 Best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 3 days
- 7 Places To Visit In Sri Lanka South Coast Itinerary
- 22 Places to visit in Sri Lanka in 5 days
- 12 best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 2 days
- 15 Places to Visit In Sri Lanka In Two Weeks
- 18 Best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 14 days
- 10 Places To Visit In Sri Lanka Trip Itinerary
- Places To Visit In Sri Lanka In 6 Days
- 21 BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN SRI LANKA OFF THE BEATEN TRACK
- TOP 5 PLACES TO VISIT IN SRI LANKA WITHIN ONE DAY
- Places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days
- Places To Visit In Sri Lanka In 7 Days
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka Itinerary 8 Days
- What are the 20 Best Places to visit in Sri Lanka in December?
- What are the 6 best places to visit on a 5 day trip to Sri Lanka?
- 7 PLACES TO VISIT ON SRI LANKA HERITAGE TOURS
- 10 Places To Visit In 9 Days In Sri Lanka Car Tours
- 8 Days In Sri Lanka And 15 Best Places To Visit
- SIGIRIYA ROCK FORTRESS SRI LANKA AND PLACES TO VISIT IN SIGIRIYA
- What are the top 11 places to visit in Mirissa Sri Lanka?
- 17 Best Places To Visit On Sri Lanka Hill Country Tours
- What are the 10 best places to visit on the Kandy tea plantation tour?