Sri Lanka is a small country, but it does not mean that island lacks interesting places and activities. So many interesting places packed into the island, you will be able to cover only a few areas on your Sri Lanka itinerary for 7 days, because this 7 days tour involved a lot of travelling, multiple stops every day, and spending some time on leisure. With proper planning of your 7 days Sri Lanka itinerary, you will be able to see top sites in the cultural triangle, Sri Lanka hill country, southern Sri Lanka, and the west coast of Sri Lanka. This blog post is about the 38 best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 7 days. On this 7 days tour in Sri Lanka, you will be travelling about 1300km.
Table of Contents
- Places To Visit In Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days
- Six unique features of the Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days
- What are the 3 most popular routes for a Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
- What activities are included in the Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
- What are the 39 places to visit in Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
- What is the best Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary?
- What are the places to visit in Colombo on Sri Lanka 7 days package?
- What are the places to visit in Anuradhapura on Sri Lanka 7 days itinerary?
- What are the places to visit in Polonnaruwa on the Sri Lanka itinerary for 7 days?
- Visiting Galvihara on Sri Lanak 7 days tour itinerary
- What are the places to visit in Sigiriya on Sri Lanka 7 days package?
- Pidurangala Temple
- What are the places to visit in Dambulla on the Sri Lanka itinerary for 7 days?
- What are the places to visit in Kandy on Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
- What are the places to visit in Nuwara Eliya on Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
- Yala wildlife tour on Sri Lanka 7 days trip?
- What are the places to visit in Bentota on Sri Lanka tour itinerary for 7 days?
- Visiting Cultural and historical places on Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary
- Introduction to Sri Lanka 7-day tour itinerary
- When is the best time for the Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary?
- Route of Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary
- How to travel on Sri Lanka 7 days trip?
- Where can I Book a Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary?
- What is the itinerary for 7 days trip?
- Map of Sri Lanka 7-day tour itinerary
- Itinerary for One Week in Sri Lanka
- Why you should book a Sri Lanka itinerary for 7 days with Seerendipity Tours
Places To Visit In Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days
Sri Lanka is a small country, however, you will be able to cover only a few places on your Sri Lanka itinerary for 7 days, because this 7 days tour involved a lot of travelling, visiting tourist places, and leisure. With proper planning of your 7 days Sri Lanka itinerary, you will be able to see top sites in the cultural triangle, Sri Lanka hill country, southern Sri Lanka, and the west coast of Sri Lanka. This blog post is about the 38 best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 7 days. On this 7 days tour in Sri Lanka, you will be travelling about 1500km.
The article includes 38 tourist attractions that you encounter during the Sri Lanka trip. The tourists are able to visit most of them during the trip. However, the tourist should be prepared to leave out some of them from the tour itinerary due to time constraints.
Six unique features of the Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days
- Climb the Pidurangala rock and see the breathtaking sunrise
- Experience the magical view from the Sigiriya rock
- Explore the magical Sri Lanka hill country train trip
- Relax on the pristine west coast beaches
- Walk through the cobbled stoned alleys of Galle Fort
- Spot Bsloth bears, leopards, wild elephants, and many other creatures on the Wildlife viewing tour
- Explore the magic of scuba diving on the south coast
What are the 3 most popular routes for a Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
1. Colombo-Anuradhapura-Sigiriya-Polonnaruwa-Kandy-Nuwara Eliya-Yala-Galle-Bentota
This is the most popular route for 7 days tour in Sri Lanka. The trip includes a fascinating blend of the historical site, cultural site, mountain scenery, nature, wildlife, and beaches. The best time of the year to venture on this Sri Lanka trip is from November to April, due to the absence of rain on the south and west coast.
2. Colombo-Bentota-Galle-Yala-Nuwar Eliya-Kitulgala-Colombo
This program for a 7 days tour in Sri Lanka mainly includes natural attractions as well as adventure activities. The tour is very suitable for adventure lovers and nature enthusiasts. The best time of the year to venture on this trip is from November to April, due to the absence of rain on the south and west coast.
The best time to undertake this Sri Lanka 7-day tour is from April to November. During this time the east coast beaches are dry and free of wet weather. The sea is also very suitable for diving, snorkelling, swimming, and other water sports.
What activities are included in the Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
What includes in Sri Lank 7 days tour largely depends on the interest of the participants. Therefore it can be available in many forms such as 7 day Sri Lanka beach tour package, 7 day Sri Lanka cultural tour, a 7-day Sri Lankan adventure tour, 7 day Sri Lankan nature tour, etc. However, the 7 days tour package that we discuss in this article gives you a mixed experience as it covers most parts of the country and the majority of tourist attractions. Here is a list of activities included in this Sri Lanka 7 days trip;
- Visiting cultural, historical, and religious monuments
- Visiting Sri Lanka hill country
- Visiting Sri Lanka wildlife reserve/safari
- Exploring Sri Lanka’s south coast
- Have leisure in a beach resort on the west coast
- Learning to cook Sri Lankan rice and curry
- Visit a rural village family
- Learn about the indigenous healing system in Sri Lanka and learn about spices
- See the typical Sri Lankan cultural performance
- Visit a Tea factory and the tea estate and witness the production of Ceylon tea
- Shop for souvenirs, masks, and other souvenirs in Kandy
- Walking tour of Royal botanical garden Kandy
- Explore the Galle on a guided walking tour
- Visit the oriental market of Kandy
- Visiting museums in Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- Sample fresh seafood in Hikkaduwa
What are the 39 places to visit in Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
Even though we line up 39 popular tourist attractions below, you may probably not be able to pack all of them in your Sri Lanka tour, because you plan only a 7-day Sri Lanka trip. Therefore, you have to choose the most suitable tourist attractions to include in your trip. Your local tour operator will be able to help you to choose the most appropriate sites for your trip based on your travel route and your individual taste.
- Old Parliament-located in the heart of Colombo this is a popular tourist attraction with colonial heritage
- Pettah -popular for its open market with many hundreds of shops
- BMICH – this is the biggest conference centre in Sri Lanka located near the independence memorial hall
- Wolvendaal Church – The church built more than 250 years ago under the Dutch East India Company
- Independent Square – Built for the first independence day celebration in Sri Lanka, this is a building with typical Sri Lanka architecture
- Viharamahadevi park- located in the busiest quarter of Colombo, Viharamahadevi is filled with trees, plants, and veins that are ideal for breathing some fresh air
- Srimaha Bodhi -One of the most sacred places for Buddhist and located in Anuradhapura
- Ruwanweliseya Dagoba – one of the popular pilgrimage sites in the Anuradhapura
- Jetawanarama Dagoba – A sacred ancient dagobs found in Anuradhapura
- Abhayagiri Dagoba – One of the biggest construction in the ancient world, located in the cultural triangle
- Twin Pond – A big pond built for the benefit of Monks who lived in the temple dating back 2nd Century BC
- Samadhi Buddha – A buddha statue dating back to the 2nd century BC located in Anuradhapura sacred city
- Archeological Museum – here you get a large number of artefacts discovered during the excavation in Anuradhapura
- King Parkramabahu Palace – One of the important sites in Polonnaruwa, built by King Parakramabahu
- Audience Halla – Located in the Polonnaruwa cultural city built by King Nissanka mall
- Galviharaya – ancient temple with four gigantic Buddha statues carved out of natural granite rock
- Hatadage/Vatadage/Thuparama – three important temples located in the quadrangle of Polonnarues
- Rankoth Vehera – One of the best-preserved buildings in Polonnaruwa historical city, built in Gedige architecture
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress – Iconic Sigiriya rock is landscaped garden and fort built by ancient engineers and artisans
- Pidurangala Temple– This is quite an unpopular, off-the-beaten-track historical site in the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka.
- Sigiriya Museum – Showcases a large number of elements discovered at the Sigiriya historical site
- Minneriya National Park – Located within the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka Minneriya is one of the best places to observe wild elephants
- Dambulla Golden Cave Temple – One of the oldest cave temples in the world dating back to the 1st century BC
- Tooth Relic Temple – Most sacred Buddhist temple on the island visited by tens of thousands of local as well as foreign Buddhist pilgrims every day
- Royal Botanical Garden – Once served as the pleasure garden of the Kandy king and was later converted to a Botanical garden during the British colonial era
- Kandyan Cultural Show – 1-hour dance performance with traditional music
- Udawattekele Sanctuary – The rainforest behind the tooth relic temple is ideal to experience the rich fauna and flora of Kandy
- Tea Factory/Tea Plantation – here you get the opportunity to see the manufacturing process of Ceylon tea and later sip a cup of unblended pure Ceylon tea
- Gregory Lake – The lake in the middle of Kandy, which adds beauty to the city
- Ramboda Falls – beautiful waterfall found on the way to Nuwara Eliya from Kandy
- Victoria Park – a beautiful park located in Nuwara Eliya showcases a large number of flowering plants
- Seetha Amman Temple – one of the most sacred Hindu temples in Sri Lanka, is closely connected to Ramayana located in Nuwara Eliya
- Visiting Galle fort – south coast tourist attraction is one of the most popular places among the travellers
- Mask Museum – showcases a large number of ancient masks used in rituals and folklore
- Sea Turtle Conservation Project – run by a non-profit organization that is engaged in the conservation of this endangered animal species
- Hikkaduwa Beach – one of the best beaches for saltwater-based activities on the west coast of Sri Lanka
- Bentota Beach – better known as golden mile, is the most popular beach resort on the island
- Madu River Estuary Boat trip – This Ramsar wetland is ideal to explore mangrove forests and the fauna and flora involved with it
What is the best Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary?
The below-mentioned tour itinerary is taking place on the Sri Lanka southern route. This is the most popular travel route on the island. If you plan a Sri Lanka tour from November through April choose the southern route and experience the best weather.
- Day 1: Colombo>>Anuradhapura>>Sigiriya
- Day 2: Sigiriya>>Polonnaruwa
- Day 3: Sigiriya>>Kandy
- Day 4: Kandy>>Nuwara Eliya
- Day 5: Nuwara Eliya>>Yala
- Day 6: Yala>>Galle>>Bentota
- Day 7: Bentota>>Colombo>>Airport
What are the places to visit in Colombo on Sri Lanka 7 days package?
Colombo is the commercial capital of Sri Lanka and is located west coast of Sri Lanka. Colombo is a popular one-day trip location for travellers, who stay in beach resorts. Most Sri Lanka tours start in Colombo as most tourists of Sri Lanka land at the Colombo international airport. Here is a list of the most important 6 places that include in most Colombo city tours.
1. Old Parliament
4. Wolvendaal Church
5. Independent Square
What are the places to visit in Anuradhapura on Sri Lanka 7 days itinerary?
Anuradhapura is the most ancient capital of Sri Lanka and dates back to the 3rd century BC. Anuradhapura is one of the most important sites on the 7 days tour in Sri Lanka. Today Anuradhapura is a UNESCO world heritage site with thousands of historical monuments. Here is a list of 6 places included in most Anuradhapura city tours.
7. Srimaha Bodhi
8. Ruwanweliseya Dagoba
9. Jetawanarama Dagoba
10. Abhayagiri Dagoba
11. Twin Pond
12. Samadhi Buddha
What are the places to visit in Polonnaruwa on the Sri Lanka itinerary for 7 days?
Polonnaruwa is one of the important historical cities of Sri Lanka that is included in the 7 days tour of Sri Lanka. It was the capital of, Sri Lanka, from the 10th century AD to the 11th century AD. The ancient city of Polonnaruwa hides many hundreds of well-preserved historical monuments. The city tour of Polonnaruwa lasts around 4 hours and includes the below-mentioned places and many others.
13. Archeological Museum
14. King Parkramabahu Palace
15. Audience Halla
18. Rankoth Vehera
Visiting Galvihara on Sri Lanak 7 days tour itinerary
Galvihara is an ancient Buddhist temple located in the ancient city of Polonnaruwa. Galvihara is the most visited Buddhist temple in Polonnaruwa. The seven days Sri Lanka tour includes a city tour of Polonnaruwa, therefore, if you venture on a 7 day Sri Lanka trip you have the opportunity to visit this magical temple.
Polonnaruwa is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city with historical, religious and artistic value. The temple was built during teh reign of king Parakramabahu and it was also called Uttararama. The remaining ancient Buddhist temple is the Granite rock-hewn 4 Buddha statues. These 4 Buddha statues have been carved into the face of a large natural granite rock. The temple showcases two seated Buddha statues, reclining Buddha statues and a standing Buddha statue. The Buddha statues in the Gal Viharaya are considered some of the best examples of ancient Sinhalese sculpting and carving arts.
What are the places to visit in Sigiriya on Sri Lanka 7 days package?
The iconic tourist attraction of Sigiriya is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Sri Lanka and a popular UNESCO world heritage site. Sigiriya rock climb is the most important activity here and every tourist undertakes the adventure. It is a trip to the 5th century AD to see ancient paintings, historical construction, and one of the oldest landscaped gardens. Below is a list of 3 other important places to visit along with Sigiriya rock.
19. Sigiriya Rock Fortress
20. Pidurangala Temple
Pidutangla ancient temple is quite an unpopular historical site in Sri Lanka. Pidurangal rock cave temple has a lot of similarities to Sigiriya rock fortress. According to geologists, the formation of Pidurangala rock is closely connected to a volcanic eruption. The ancient temple is located a few kilometres from Sigiriya rock toward the northern entrance of the Sigiriya rock fortress. The ancient temple is believed to be inhabited by monks since about 2500 ago. However, the temple came into prominence, when King Kashaya build the Sigiriya rock fortress (477-495 AD). The king refurbished and enlarged the Pidurangala temple and moved all the monks who lived at Sigiriya to Pidurangala temple in order to make room for his palace complex.
21. Sigiriya Museum
22. Minneriya National Park
What are the places to visit in Dambulla on the Sri Lanka itinerary for 7 days?
One of the oldest Buddhist temples in the world dates back to the 1st century BC and is also a UNESCO world heritage site. The Golden cave temple of Dambulla hides more than 150 states. Most of the statues are Buddha statues while some others belong to kings and Gods. The inner wall and the ceiling of the caves are hidden with murals, most of them depicting scenery from Buddha’s life.
22. Dambulla Golden Cave Temple
What are the places to visit in Kandy on Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
Kandy is the cultural hub of Sri Lanka and the city has a fascinating blend of history, culture, nature, and colonial heritage. The tooth relic temple is the most important tourist attraction in the city, which attracts many thousands of travellers every day from all around the world. There are many other tourist attraction in Kandy along with the tooth relic temple, below is some of these important places.
23. Tooth Relic Temple
24. Royal Botanical Garden
25. Kandyan Cultural Show
26. Udawattekele Sanctuary
What are the places to visit in Nuwara Eliya on Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days?
Nuwara Eliya is the capital of Sri Lanka hill country, which is also popular as little England. Nuwara Eliya has a unique healing climate which shows a big contrast against the low-land hot weather.
Nuwara Eliya sits 1800 meters above sea level and is surrounded by picturesque green-capped mountains, tea plantations, and patches of forests. Nuwara Eliya is best described as a holiday destination with a healing climate to see nature while engaging in adventure activities such as trekking, hiking and mountain climbing.
27. Tea Factory/Tea Plantation
28. Gregory Lake
29. Ramboda Falls
30. Victoria Park
31. Seetha Amman Temple
Yala wildlife tour on Sri Lanka 7 days trip?
Yala is the most popular wildlife holiday destination on the island and sits in the southern corner of Sri Lanka. Yala is ranked among the best places to spot leopards. The visitors to Yala can see a large number of animals during the Yala safari such as leopard, crocodile, jackal, bear, elephant, mungo and many other animals.
32. Yala National Park
What are the places to visit in Bentota on Sri Lanka tour itinerary for 7 days?
Bentota, also known as the golden mile of Sri Lanka’s west coast is by far the most popular beach holiday destination on the island. A large number of sun-worshippers of Sri Lanka (foreign and local) take refuge in the beaches of Bentota. Here is a list of places to visit during your beach holiday in Bentota.
34. Mask Museum
35. Sea Turtle Conservation Project
36. Hikkaduwa Beach
37. Bentota Beach
38. Madu River Estuary Boat trip
Visiting Cultural and historical places on Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary
You may think that it is difficult to have a holiday in Sri Lanka, but with little respect for the culture and tradition of Sri Lankan people, you will be enchanted. You will be surprised by the guest treatment of Sri Lankan people. You will take by surprise by the majestic history of the island and the engineering marvels of the ancient Sinhalese civilization.
Some of the buildings and monuments such as Jetawanarama (5th century), and Abhayagiriya (1st century BC) are great engineering feats even for modern civilization.
You can cover most of the important attractions in the cultural triangle within three days of time. But if you wish to spend more time, still you will be able to find many other attractions within the borders of the cultural triangle. The cultural triangle is packed with thousands of lesser-known historical attractions.
Travelling in Sri Lanka is very simple for people, who can speak English. All the signboards and roads are written in the English language. Apart from the easiness to find the proper direction, Sri Lanka has a well-developed road network and transport system. You will get plenty of trains, buses, taxis, and inland flights to reach any destination in the country. Driver options and guiding personnel are readily available to have a hassle-free tour in the country.
Introduction to Sri Lanka 7-day tour itinerary
Sri Lanka being a small country, you will be able to see a large number of top sights in the cultural triangle, Sri Lanka mountains, southern Sri Lanka, and coastal belt during Sri Lanka 7 day tour. Tourists will be travelling about 1300km in one of our comfortable modern vehicles during this one week in Sri Lanka.
This Sri Lanka 7 day tour is organized by Seerendipity tours and all the activities are on a private basis. If you need more information or like to book the trip please write to us at email@example.com.
When is the best time for the Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary?
We discuss on Sri Lanka 8 days tour based on Sri Lanka’s southern route. As we discussed on the Sri Lanak 8 days trip package, Sri Lanka’s southern route is the most popular travel route in Sri Lanka. November to April is the best period to travel on this route. During these 6 months, most places on this route have warm sunny weather and rainfall is at its lowest ebb.
Route of Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary
Sri Lanka 7 days tour follows 2 major routes, Sri Lanak southern route and Sri Lanka’s northern route. Sri Lanka 7 days tour package on the southern route is the most popular among travellers. However, the best time to travel on the southern route is from November to April, when the monsoon is absent from the south and west coast of the island. If you plan a 7-day Sri Lanka trip package from April to October try to have it on the northern route, as the southern route experience the monsoon and frequent rain during this period of the year.
How to travel on Sri Lanka 7 days trip?
Choosing the proper transport mode is highly important for the success of your trip. There are many options available with regard to travelling in Sri Lanka. Taxis, buses, and trains are the most popular, however, for a trip of 7 days, we recommend travel by taxi with a local tourist driver. The travellers need to travel more than 1100 on the 7 days tour and the same time and the tour also involved visiting many places. The tour itinerary mentioned in this article can’t be completed with time-wasting transport modes such as trains and public buses.
Where can I Book a Sri Lanka 7 days tour itinerary?
The local tour operators for Sri Lanka offer a wide range of 7 days tour packages to Sri Lanka. In this article, we discuss only 1 of them and all these 3 tour packages can be booked with Seerendipity tours.
What is the itinerary for 7 days trip?
- Day 1 of 7 days trip to Sri Lanka: Airport/Colombo
- Day 2 of 7 days trip to Sri Lanka: Colombo/Anuradhapura/Sigiriya
- Day 3 of 7 days trip to Sri Lanka: Sigiriya/Polonnaruwa/Dabulla
- Day 4 of 7 days trip to Sri Lanka: Sigiriya/Kandy
- Day 5 of 7 days trip to Sri Lanka: Kandy/Nuwara Eliya
- Day 6 of 7 days trip to Sri Lanka: Nuwara Eliya/Yala
- Day 7 of 7 days trip to Sri Lanka: Yala/Bentota
Map of Sri Lanka 7-day tour itinerary
This one week in Sri Lanka is memorable for most travellers, who ventured on this holiday package with us. This is a private tour, therefore you can have maximum privacy during this one week in Sri Lanka, there will be no intruders in your vehicle.
According to our experience as a local tour operator, who organizes Sri Lanka tour packages, one week in Sri Lanka is quite enough to plan a leisurely and memorable Sri Lanka tour, of course with proper planning.
During this one week in Sri Lanka, you also can have a bit of rest while visiting the sights. You will be able to get a lifetime of memories and experiences by visiting places such as the temple of the tooth, Sigiriya rock fortress, Anuradhapura, and Polonnaruwa historical cities.
Itinerary for One Week in Sri Lanka
This 7-day Sri Lanka tour starts in Colombo and ends in Colombo, like most Sri Lanka tour packages. This is a private trip and therefore the itinerary can be customized to meet the particular requirements. The tour takes on the Sri Lanka southern route and covers the most beaten path popular tourist places such as Sri Lank coasts, Yala national park, the tea country of Sri Lanka, and cultural sites and monuments in the central province.
Day 1 Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days
Usually, most travellers start the Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days from the airport, however, there are some other travellers, who request a pick-up from beach hotels on the west coast and southern Sri Lanka.
Most importantly, this one-week tour is a private tour and therefore there is no hard and fast rule with regards to the starting location or pick-up time, they are highly flexible and can be adjusted to the requirement of the participants.
According to the plan, the first event of the week in the Sri Lanka package is to get familiar with Colombo in the Colombo city tour, Colombo is the commercial capital and is a bustling metropolis. However, there are many important places to visit in the city that carry historical, cultural, and religious importance.
Colombo is an ethnic melting point with many numbers of religions, languages, and ethnic identities. Enjoy the historical and cultural sites in the city while indulging yourself in some shopping. At the end of the city tour, you will move to the hotel in Colombo for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 2 Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days
After breakfast at the hotel, set off for Anuradhapura and arrive in the most historical city on the island. You will cross the climate zone borders from the wet zone and enter the dry zone by early noon. You will be in a middle-class hotel for the lunch break.
Visit the historical city in the afternoon and see the enchanting palaces, temples, reservoirs, and many other attractions. After the sightseeing tour of Anuradhapura, you leave for the hotel in Sigiriya/Habarana, and you will be staying 2 nights in the hotel.
Sigiriya/Habarana is centrally located within the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka and provides easy access to the most important tourist hot spots in the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka.
You will be visiting Sigiriya rock fortress, Dambulla cave Tempel, and Polonnaruwa historical city from your hotel in Habarana, all three places are UNESCO world heritage sites including Anuradhapura. The drive from Anuradhapura to Sigiriya takes about one hour, during which you have dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3 of 7 days tour in Sri Lanka
On Day 3 of the Sri Lanka tour, you start after breakfast at about 7 o’clock. First visit Sigiriya rock fortress, which is only a few minutes away from the hotel. The hike at Sigiriya will be strenuous and it is highly recommended to start the hike early morning to escape from the scorching heat. The mid-day hike would be very difficult due to the steep hike amidst the heat.
The round-trip hike at Sigiriya will last around 2 hours for most travellers, however, it could be more than 2 hours or less sometimes, all depending on the age and physical fitness. It is highly recorded to wear a light cotton t-shirt and a short as you visit Sigiriya, same time don’t forget to have a pair of shoes suitable for the hike.
After the hike at Sigiriya, it is time to have free time, you can ask our guide to stop at a restaurant in order to have lunch or a drink, before proceeding to Polonnaruwa. Polonnaruwa is a UNESCO world heritage site and an important site this week in the Sri Lanka holiday package. There are many palaces, temples, and stupas to visit in Polonnaruwa featuring the rich architectural and engineering skills of ancient engineers, and artisans of Sri Lanka.
After visiting Polonnaruwa, return to the hotel in Sigiriya/Habarana, and en-route safari at Minneriya national park. Minneriya is one of the most popular wildlife reserves on the island and a place to spot a large number of animals such as elephants, wild buffalo, crocodiles, jackals, and many other animals along with many species of birds, vertebrates, and insects. However, the safari is an optional activity and is also highly subject to the availability of time. Overnight stay in Hotel Sigiriya
Day 4 of Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days
On day 4 of the Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days, you will visit a tourist attraction in Kandy, which is the cultural centre of Sri Lanka. This beautiful city is situated about 500 meters above sea level and is one of the most beautiful cities in the country. You will definitely enjoy the trek in the spice gardens, Udawattakele forest reserve, and botanical gardens.
In the afternoon you will visit the Tooth relic temple which is the most sacred Buddhist temple on the island, the temple is visited by thousands of devotees and a large number of foreign travellers. The visit to the tooth relic temple is a highlight for most travellers, where the visitors see a large number of statues, paintings, and many other artefacts.
After the tooth relic temple, you have the opportunity to witness the Kandyan cultural show, where many young male and female dancers perform to the tune of drummers and flautists. The fire walking, and the walk on the burning coal is a highlight for most travellers, who visit the Kandyan cultural show and the Kandyan cultural show is a rare opportunity to see the typical Sri Lankan dance performances. Overnight stay in a hotel in Kandy
Day 5 of Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days
After breakfast back in the car for a scenic drive through the mountains. There are frequent stops to take photos of beautiful vistas, waterfalls, and plantations along the way. Today you come across the tea country and sip a cup of typical Ceylon Tea.
Make a visit to a well-maintained and beautiful tea plantation. You will see Nuwara Eliya, which lies at an elevation of 1800 meters above sea level. Nuwara Eliya is a small town, which is enchanting and one of the traveller’s favourites on this route. Afternoon visit to Victoria Park and Nuwara Eliya town.
Day 6 of 7 days tour in Sri Lanka
Today you drive to the southern coast of Sri Lanka, another beautiful corner of the island, which is surrounded by lush green forest. The journey will take about 4 hours to reach Tissamaharama, where you have lunch and check in at the hotel. The guests will be staying in a hotel in Tissmaharam and spending one night in Tissamaharama.
In the afternoon set off on a jeep safari at Yala national park. The Safari of Yala national park is one of the most popular activities that allow the guests to see a large number of animals and bird species.
Today the guests drive through the Yala national park and enjoy the scenery along the way. There is a high possibility of witnessing wild elephants on the safari.
There is a good chance of spotting leopards as well, and Yala national park is one of the best wildlife reserves to spot leopards in the world, due to the large number of leopards that are concentrated in Yala. After the safari return to the hotel in Bentota for dinner and an overnight stay.
Last of Sri Lanka itinerary 7 days
After a leisurely breakfast departure transfer to your hotel in Colombo or to the airport to take the onward flight. You will drive along the southern and western coastal belt, which means that there are many opportunities to catch nice scenery and experiences along the way, such as Hikkaduwa beach, Galle fortress, Bentota beach, and Madu river estuary.
You will encounter another unpopular natural attraction of Sri Lanka, which is located is located along the way, known as Hummanaya or blowhole, which is the second biggest natural fountain in the world.
End of 7 days tour in Sri Lanka
Why you should book a Sri Lanka itinerary for 7 days with Seerendipity Tours
Seerendipity tour is an entirely locally owned travel company with a head office in Colombo. The highly experienced local staff is a key strength of Seerendipity tours and they can plan your dream holiday to Sri Lanka.
Best price for your Sri Lanka vacation packages
When you book a tour with us, you directly book the tour with the local company, which means there are no middlemen and therefore you can guarantee the best price. Simply get in touch with us and let us know when you travel and what you like to see.
Plan your best Sri Lanka vacation packages with experts
Our staff makes a personalized program for you, which you can change until you find the best package for you. You can also browse our existing tour packages for inspiration; all our ready-made tour packages are customizable and can be tailored to meet all your expectations. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel 0094-77-440977, WhatsApp 0094-77-4440977
Our articles under the title “places to visit in Sri Lanka“
- 10 Best Places To Visit In Sri Lanka For Honeymoon In 2021
- 15 Best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 3 days
- 7 Places To Visit In Sri Lanka South Coast Itinerary
- 22 places to visit in Sri Lanka in 5 days
- 12 best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 2 days
- 15 Places to Visit In Sri Lanka In Two Weeks
- 18 Best places to visit in Sri Lanka in 14 days
- 10 Places To Visit In Sri Lanka Trip Itinerary
- Places To Visit In Sri Lanka In 6 Days
- 21 BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN SRI LANKA OFF THE BEATEN TRACK
- TOP 5 PLACES TO VISIT IN SRI LANKA WITHIN ONE DAY
- Places to visit in Sri Lanka in 4 days
- Places To Visit In Sri Lanka In 7 Days
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka Itinerary 8 Days
- What are the 20 Best Places to visit in Sri Lanka in December?
- What are the 6 best places to visit on a 5-day trip to Sri Lanka?
- 7 PLACES TO VISIT ON SRI LANKA HERITAGE TOURS
- 10 Places To Visit In 9 Days In Sri Lanka Car Tours
- 8 Days In Sri Lanka And 15 Best Places To Visit
- SIGIRIYA ROCK FORTRESS SRI LANKA AND PLACES TO VISIT IN SIGIRIYA
- What are the top 11 places to visit in Mirissa Sri Lanka?
- 17 Best Places To Visit On Sri Lanka Hill Country Tours
- What are the 10 best places to visit on the Kandy tea plantation tour?